Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Answers

So I started National Infertility Awareness week sitting in my Reproductive Endocrinologists office. Trust me, the irony was not lost on me. But unlike Thursday I finally got some answers; it really makes a difference when you get to see YOUR doctor and not one of the practice doctors. So she confirmed I had a biochemical pregnancy, and the hormones from it caused my body to start ovulation, but that follicle slowed in growth and has become a persistent cyst. So now, part of my fertility treatments is birth control pills, 2 weeks of them, that is right, part of my route to getting pregnant involves birth control. Seems like an oxymoron, but I need to regulate my hormones to get rid of the cyst.

It's amazing how even though I am not the primary reason for seeing a reproductive endocrinologist in our family, I still have issues from the treatments, which means it can happen to ANYONE. I have never once blamed my husband for having to grow our family this way, he even offered to carry a child for me, but he had been bleeding for 10 months straight and he needed a hysterectomy, plus I would have been so insanely jealous, that it probably would have broken up our relationship. That seems illogical since I had such a hard pregnancy, morning sickness the entire time, 3-5 bags of fluid twice a week, gestational diabetes, prodromal labor for 2 and a half months. And here I am fighting to do it again. because with all the pregnancy issues my toddler were so worth the battles. Heck even the PPD was entirely worth it (and so much better controlled since I was already under a regular therapists care).

2 comments: